Natural Remedies for Anxiety & What Causes it in the First Place
There are many natural remedies for anxiety and depression, but these illnesses come in various forms so it is recommended to understand the root cause of your problem.
There could be many reasons why you are suffering from anxiety, and this disorder is closely related to depression, fatigue, exhaustion and stress. Each ailment can be the trigger or cause of another, and unless you get to the bottom of why you are experiencing these problems, it can be difficult to overcome. There are many different natural remedies for anxiety, suitable for mild sufferers, available on the current alternative medicines market, and many people feel that these are a good substitute or a great supplementary treatment.
Different Forms of Anxiety
- Existential – this is also known as ‘existential crisis’ and can be characterised as “the state in which a being is aware of its possible nonbeing.” Worries include death, condemnation, and meaninglessness, encompassing the three main problem areas: ontic, spiritual and moral. Natural remedies are believed to help those with mild symptoms cope with these problem areas on a daily basis.
- Social – people who suffer from this form of anxiety experience symptoms when they are interacting with others in a social situation, or when they meet people for the first time. This is particularly common with children and young teens, but problems escalate when this is carried over into adulthood. What can be considered a very normal and developmentally appropriate fear for toddlers is considered as a serious social problem for adults.
- Test & performance – also known as ‘stage fright’, a certain level of arousal that exceeds the optimum can result in decreased levels of performance. The feelings experienced include uneasiness and apprehension. Natural remedies for mild anxiety, in this case, can be highly beneficial to students, performers and professionals who are required to engage in public speaking and presentations.
- Trait – trait anxiety is related to our personality traits, the most common one being neuroticism. It is also said to be one of the many disorders within OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).
- Paradoxical – this arises from the very techniques used to treat anxiety, an example being adverse effects of meditation.
Natural Remedies for Anxiety
Natural remedies for anxiety come in many forms, including relaxation techniques, exercise and health regimes, meditation, hypnotherapy, natural herbs and supplements and massage therapy. Anxiety can affect people of all ages in all walks of life, and the effectiveness of each treatment will vary from person to person.
Providing quality herbal medicines you can trust since 1866.Read more